New construction continues to bring inventory into the market, competing with resale homes. Area builders and developers are offering attractive incentives, but buyers are urged to bring a real estate agent when shopping for a new construction home.
Open house activity has also been very high in the Bonita Springs and Estero markets. Area brokers are seeing two types of open house visitors: those who already live in the area who want a lifestyle change and those who are visiting the area and are considering a purchase.
The following data* is for single-family, condo and townhome listings transactions within the 33928, 34134 and 34135 zip codes:
MARCH MARKET REPORT SHOWS MORE CHOICES and BETTER PRICES
- Overall Pending Sales were up 17.5% to 443 from 377 in March 2016
- Overall closed sales are up 16.9% to 228 from 195 the prior year
- New Listings in March were up 16.5% to 331, versus 284 the prior year
- Active Listings (inventory) was up 21.1% from March 2016
- Average Listing price was up to $543,000 - an 8.8% increase over March 2016
- Average Listing Price per Sq.Ft rose to $233 - an increase of 1.8% from March 2016
The complete report may be viewed here as a PDF courtesy of the Bonita Springs-Estero Association of Realtors®
*Calculations are based on property listings in the 33928, 34134 and 34135 zip codestwithin the Southwest Florida MLS